Dear All Runners registered for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2020.
First of all, thank you very much for your registration for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2020.
As released on March 23, given the circumstances related to COVID-19 and the issues around the globe, we have decided to cancel TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2020, and announced that we will defer your registration to TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021.
Please kindly see below link for the detailed announcement:
We would hereby like to provide you with more information regarding the deferred registration for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021.
(1) Your Registration for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2020 will be automatically transferred to TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021:
We will keep all your registration information that you have registered for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2020 and make them valid for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021 without any additional cost and procedure. This means that you do not need to register yourself again if you are willing to participate TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021, and you can only wait and look forward to the April 2021!
- We currently plan to hold TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021 on April 24 and 25, 2021. We will keep you updated on our website, so please come back periodically to know more about the 2021 edition: http://tohokumarathon.com/en/
- You will receive your memorial T-shirt for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2020 next year at the main venue Naganuma Futopia Park of TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021.
(2) Registration Cancellation for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021:
Although we will love to see you all at TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021, we totally understand that your travel plan may change or your schedule may not fit for the event next year. For those who will not be able to participate TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2021 for any reason, please kindly fill out the form below so that we can send you the memorial T-shirt for TOHOKU FOOD MARATHON 2020:
- Please kindly note that the deadline for this cancellation is on September 30, 2020 (Japan time). We will not be able to respond to your request once the deadline has passed.
- It may take one or two month(s), or even more (given the current situation), to ship the memorial T-shirt to your place. Please be patient as we will do our best to send it quickly.
Please kindly understand that the fee will not be refunded, since the cancellation was due to an external event beyond our control. This is according to the application terms and conditions below.
Entry fee will not be refunded in the event of the cancellation of the race due to an earthquake, storm, flood, snow, accident, or epidemic.
For any inquiry or additional questions regarding these arrangements, please e-mail to the dedicated support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you may be aware of, the next year will be 10th year after the Great East Japan Earthquake and subsequent tsunami occurred in 2011. Thus, we will make our Tohoku Food Marathon & Festival 2021 a memorial one, not only for those in Tohoku, but also for all including yourself who have cared about us and kindly supported us in several ways in the last several years since 2011. We truly wish that you gather together in Tohoku in such a memorial year, and look forward to spending a precious moment together enjoying the beauty of Tohoku and its regional specialties, of course, including delicious food and fresh sake.
Lastly, but most importantly, our thoughts are with all those who are affected by the novel coronavirus and their friends/family. We strongly hope that the situation will be relieved and resolved as early as possible.
Thank you very much again for your interest, care, and support.
Your kind understanding on the above is highly appreciated.
April 13, 2020
Organizing Committee of Tohoku Food Marathon & Festival 2020